During major life changes, an experienced lawyer can guide you through the complex legal system, helping protect your rights. If you are facing the transition of divorce, my goal will be to put you in the best position possible.
Other transitions where I can help you: adopting a child, parental rights issues, like custody, child support modification or enforcement, and even termination of parental rights. If you need help in these areas, please contact me for more information.
If you or your spouse have served in the military, special military law provisions may apply to your situation and you would benefit from having a lawyer who knows and understands these rules. As a former Air Force JAG, I know the rules that could affect your situation. Military discounts are available. I offer military discounts to active duty, reservists, guard, honorably discharged veterans and the spouses of military members in these categories.
Special Advice for Name Changes
- Social Security Administration – www.ssa.gov;
- Texas Department of Public Safety Driver’s License Division – generally, you will be required to go in person with a certified copy of the order changing your name;
- Credit card companies;
- Insurance – vehicle, home, life, and so forth;
- Internal Revenue Service at 800-829-1040 or check irs.gov;
- Mortgage holders;
- Utilities on your residence;
- State licensing agencies.